Rough Week Remedies

This past week has just been a blur of frenzy, stress eating and little sleep. This weekend won't be any better, but at least I get the chance to do so in the comfort of my home. When I am stressed, which is almost always because of my Type A personality, I turn to a few things to remedy a rough week or a rough day.


One of my almost instant first instincts when I'm stressed out, freaking out or just simply need to relax is to grab a hot cup of tea. They often say that tea is comparable to drinking a warm hug. I'm not too big on hugs, but I absolutely love tea. If you need one to calm you down or to de-stress, my personal favourites are calm chamomile tea by TAZO, which is the perfect blend of rose petals and chamomile and just a hint of peppermint, and the youthberry white tea from Teavana, which is a personal favourite because of the fruity flavours. If you're stressing, procrastinating and cramming, similar to me at the moment, then I would opt for a caffeinated tea such as the earl greypfruit from Tealish, which combines the classic Earl Grey with hints of grapefruit and citrus. So good. Even if you don't choose these specific teas, tea never fails to help me relax, unwind a bit, and feel better.

The second thing that I do if I am having a really rough week is to just take a nap for a few minutes. The best nap you can take, especially if you are stressed and still cramming, is a quick 15 minute nap. If you work with the pomodoro technique, you can work for 25, break for 5, then after your 4th pomodoro, utilize the longer break to fit in your nap here. Naps clear the mind, let you escape from your busy life, and have never ever failed me in times of need.

Finally, to end a long day, I love to just step in a hot shower and just relax. Most people enjoy a relaxing bath to unwind at the end of the night, but as someone who runs really short on time in general, a hot shower is the perfect way to end off the day. Using a mint shower gel from The Body Shop, which really soothes the aching body, a hot shower is the perfect remedy for headaches, sore muscles and a hard day at school or work. After that, I recommend lotioning off with an aromatherapy lotion such as this strawberry puree lotion from The Body Shop to end the night.

Whatever day you have, or are going through, take some time throughout the day, at least 30 minutes, to just sit, relax and not stare at a screen and to just enjoy not doing anything. Keep in mind that no matter what, your health and self come first before other obligations, and to take care of yourself in these stressful times.

Happy relaxing!
ardently, jess

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

search